Relationship counseling is a method to help give clarity on where the relationship has become stagnant and there seems to be no way forward. This can be in a relationship with partners or members of a family for instance. The counselor will direct the process, so that you and your partner (or significant other) can find solutions to the issues at hand. A counselor is trained to listen carefully without judgment.
Counselling focusses on the following points:
- Insight in patterns of communication.
- Exploring your own (and your partner’s) patterns of behavior, thoughts and emotions.
- Finding ways of breaking through conflicts and emotional blockages
- Helping to find ways of enjoying a healthy and fulfilling relationship
- Helping to find solutions to common problem areas and providing the tools to deal with this.